BSc in Business and Management
The BSc in Business and Management is a 480-credit programme designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to succeed in the business world of tomorrow, be it in the private, non-for-profit or public sectors, nationally and internationally. Effective management and administration of organizations is based on acquiring KSAs to become better decision-making, as well as perform business and management tasks such as assessing, diagnosing, strategising, planning and implementing.
The programme is geared towards developing critical analysis in students’ by focusing on how to think, not what to think. Key areas of business such as management, human resources, marketing, finance, accounting, operations, strategy and technology are covered. To apply, potential student should have a high school average of 65 percent or more, an English language proficiency of PTE 45 or IELTS 5.5 or ibt-TOEFL 64, pass the KBS entrance exam and undergo a formal interview with the school.
- High School Diploma: High school certificate attained within the last five years and have obtained a high school average score of 65% or above.
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 52 in Versant (Conditional Offer); 45 in PTE, 5.5 in IELTS or 64 in ibt-TOEFL.
- Scheduled Interview
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Conditional Offer may be given to applicants who submit the required minimum score from Versant English Placement Test - Pearson.
- Note Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Certification Letter from High School: Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average.
- A copy of your Passport/ID
- One passport size photo
The BSc in Business and Management is a four-year programme. Each year is divided into two semesters, with normally four modules taught each semester. Typically, the first two years of the programme are devoted to concepts and theories, mixed with the development of practical and applied skills, utilising social formats such as discussions, debates, negotiations and presentations. The last 2 years are spent exposing the student to critical thinking, real-world practical experience and developing the required KSAs to succeed in the workforce. In the final year, students are required to write a 12,000 word research dissertation. Under the current school structure, the programme shares its first two years with the Bachelor of Economics and Finance.
Holders of this degree have the opportunity to work in a wide-range of organisations from the private sector to public institutions. Many organisations seek to employ business graduates in the hope of developing them into future leaders for their organisations and society. The degree has a strong appeal for most organisations because knowledge and skills in business management is critical to the financial health and long-term viability of most public and private organisations. For graduates with entrepreneurial aspirations, the degree offers the knowledge, skills and confidence to start or manage your own business.