Project Management Using Primavera Expert System
This course is designed to give students project management tools with a unique combination of usability, power, and flexibility to manage projects more efficiently and effectively. Users of Primavera should stay informed and control project work, schedules, and finances. They are more productive through integration with powerful reporting, guided planning, and flexible tools. Effective project management can be done by tracing and rectifying the issues, understanding and analyzing what-if scenarios, and controlling the cost of the project. This course will provide the right combination of project management concepts and the appropriate tool required for project management.
This course aims to:
- Create and assign individual and multiple resources to tasks.
- Assign multiple pay rates to resources and their availability.
- Assign task calendar to individual task.
- Create project baseline and track the project as scheduled.
- Create and assign work breakdown structures.
- Apply appropriate codes.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Create a new project with appropriate data along with project start date.
- Create tasks or milestones, enter details, and assign logical durations to the tasks.
- Apply appropriate codes.
- Establish manpower, material, and equipment resources.
- Adjust working times.
- Assign multiple resources simultaneously to tasks.
- Check budgeted cost for individual tasks.
- Review project critical paths.
- Change the percentage of completion for tasks in progress.
This course is suited for:
- UKH alumni of engineering and business schools.
- UGIV students of engineering and business schools.
- Individuals with engineering and business management background.
The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Blended (software, monitoring, and formal).
- Discussion sessions.
- Introduction and Concept of Project Management & Primavera.
- Activities, Relationships, Constraints, Scheduling.
- Calendar and activity codes.
- Work breakdown structure.
- Updating activities, reports.
Starts November 27, 2022 Ends December 5, 2022.
Hours per Day: 2
Days per week: 3
Number of weeks: 6
Total no. of Hours: 12 hours.
Morning from 8:00 a.m to 10:00 a.m
University of Kurdistan Hewlêr.
Professional & Executive Education Centre, UKH.
Dr. Jawdat Tashan completed his Ph.D. at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. He worked as an Associate Professor and the Dean of Academic Affairs at Metro College, Toronto, Canada. Dr. Tashan worked as a lecturer at Monash University, Australia. He has published many technical journal papers. He has received numerous performance awards during his academic career. He has vast experience in engineering construction. Also, he has successfully designed and managed several megaprojects. He received a notable award for completing projects (US$ 1.0 Billion).
UKH Professional Executive and Education Centre.