The Centre for Peacebuilding and Dialogue (CPD) is a policy and research-oriented centre established at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr in July 2022. CPD is a hub for researchers, scholars, various community actors, and stakeholders to address pressing matters related to international, regional, and local peacebuilding issues and practices. The centre adopts dialogue and peacebuilding models and incentivizes freedom of research to encourage inclusive, collaborative policy-making aiming for long-lasting stability and peace. In addition, the CPD will foster youth engagement, gender equality, women participation, climate dialogue and advocacy, and discussions in state management, economy, and security.
To achieve building more peaceful communities and societies, CPD participates in the vibrant partnership model-based processes with different partners.
Achieving peacebuilding through making dialogue culture and being a hub for freedom of research.
- To provide a trustful source for specialized institutions, government, diplomatic missions, and individuals involved in the decision-making process and provide them with information to picture them of ideas and opinions through our research activities. It will also create it as a predicative in moving and reacting toward development in the Middle East. That will be focused on making Kurdistan more secure.
- Connect local and international scholars to promote joint research and exchange ideas. CPD is a platform for Ph.D. students and fellows to create an academic environment and to become the future source for decision-makers to rely on.
- To make dialogue a culture.
- To Provide the floor for young scholars and women and promote research on women and youth participation.
- To attract global organizations who are focused on the Middle East.