MSc in Software Engineering
The programme is designed for students from a computer science or engineering background or a closely related field of study. It is a ‘taught’ and ‘research’ based Master programme. The program contains software related subject modules and fields of research. Software engineering involves more than just the development of modern information systems. Consequently, software engineers need to move beyond the boundaries of their job-specific expertise and enhance their professional profiles. This programme will graduate a new generation of software engineers and professionals who are capable of leading in many public and private organizations and also teaching in the educational institutions in the Kurdistan region with the emphasis on the state of the art in software engineering technologies. Graduates of the master’s programmes will be equipped with the knowledge and also research skills to enter a doctoral study in their discipline or to be employed in subject-related environments.
- Undergraduate Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60%
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 50 in PTE – 6.0 in IELTS -74 in TOEFL iBT or 105 in Duolingo.
- Equalised transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application form is required.
- Official Transcripts: Provide a copy of your undergraduate transcript with your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- A copy of your passport and national ID.
- One passport size photo.
The teaching list includes, but not limited to, modules such as: Advanced OOP, software requirement engineering, software project management, advanced database systems, software architectural design, Web and mobile applications.