MSc in Petroleum Engineering
The programme MSc in Petroleum Engineering is designed to introduce a new generation of petroleum engineers and equip them to handle their natural resources in the best possible way. This programme deals with day to day operation in petroleum industry such as drilling operations, well completions, well testing and logging, reservoir simulation studies and other production operations. Graduates in the field of petroleum engineering can be hired in different domains of the petroleum industry and can achieve higher positions with a high degree of professionalism and experience. MSc in Petroleum Engineering is introduced for those who are interested in further enhancing their knowledge in this field. This programme takes the professional one further in their field and strengthen their theoretical and practical capability. Possible occupations: After graduation, doors of public and private oil and gas companies including E&P (Exploration and Production) companies would open for the petroleum engineers at several levels.
- Undergraduate Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60%
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 50 in PTE – 6.0 in IELTS -74 in TOEFL iBT or 105 in Duolingo.
- Equalised transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Undergraduate background need to be in the Petroleum Engineering or closely related field
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application form is required.
- Official Transcripts: Provide a copy of your undergraduate transcript with your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- A copy of your passport and national ID.
- One passport size photo.
The Master in Petroleum engineering is a two-year programme consisting of 180 credits; eight taught modules each worth 15 credits and 60 credits for the dissertation. Normally, students study 4 modules in the first two semesters, and continue working on the dissertation during the 3rd and 4th semesters. Semesters are 15 week blocks and there will be an equivalent of a 3 hour class for each 15 credit course per week. Students obtaining 180 credits will be eligible for Master of Science certificate in Petroleum Engineering.
The modules offered in this programmeme are as: Advanced Reservoir Engineering, Advanced Well Testing, Advanced Drilling Engineering, Advanced Production Engineering, Advanced Reservoir Simulation, Advanced Well Logging, Carbonate Reservoir Geology, and Renewable Energy and Sustainability.