MSc in Information Technology Management
The programme aims at fostering leaders to be able to analyse, establish and carry out the development strategies for businesses, industries and countries by combining the knowledge of economics, management and policy with their own expertise and experiences in technology.
The programme is designed to prepare the graduate students to acquire capabilities needed to manage organisations in the era of information age.
The knowledge and skills provided in this programme will generate a valuable supply of skilled labour to the public and private sectors, where the candidates are expected to hold key positions in the Kurdistan’s society. The idea behind this programme is to study and explore different ways in which information technology relates to organisational objectives and goals in an organisational context, given the increasing interrelationship between these two in today’s global world.
- Undergraduate Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60%
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 55 in Versant (Conditional Offer),50 in PTE – 6 in IELTS or 74 in TOEFL iBT.
- Scheduled Interview
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application form is required.
- Official Transcripts: Provide a copy of your undergraduate transcript with your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- Interview: Applicants who meet all of the academic entrance requirements will be invited to attend an interview at which they may be asked questions regarding their intended programme of study. The interview is a compulsory stage of the selection process.
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your passport/ID.
- One passport size photo.
Length of program: 2 years (4 semesters)
Total modules taught: 8 modules of 15 credits each. Dissertation: It carries 60 credits that is planned for the last two semesters.
First year: 8 modules, 4 per semester. The MSc project proposal should be submitted at the end of the 2nd semester.
Second year: Working on the MSc Dissertation.
The Dissertation: It should be submitted at the end of the 2nd semester of the 2nd year.
MSc in IT Management providing knowledge and skills necessary for analysing the relationship between technology, management and leadership, industry, innovation, and economic growth. Import, learning and modification of technology will affect expansion of current businesses, formation of new businesses, as well as increased competitiveness of firms and markets. The programme helps to integrate aspects of technology, economy, management, and market on the study of the complex process of identification of important technologies, their learning, management, modification and a successful market introduction of a new or modified product, processes and services.