MSc in Computer Science
Computer Science is the foundation of computing. It is a discipline that focuses on problem-solving and the essential theories to computation. It is considered the backbone of all other sectors of computing such as computer engineering, software engineering, information systems, and information technology. The Master program in Computer Science aims to combine a family of computing skills including computer based problem-solving techniques, algorithm analysis and design, programming, operating systems, and soft computing. The gained knowledge will equip the graduates with unique competences in this field.
This program is designed to open the door for students from computing-related fields to build on their undergraduate analytical abilities. This in turn helps the region to develop a cadre of computer professionals who are able to reach out in a multi-disciplinary environment and instantly connect with challenging clusters of computing medium and information communication technology with a realistic plan for promoting computing in education and applying, core research in this sectors.
- Bachelor's Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60% is required in a related field of study.
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language proficiency requirement is 55 in Versant (Conditional Offer), 50 in PTE, 6 in IELTS or 74 in IBT-TOEFL
- Scheduled Interview Applicants must achieve a minimum interview score to receive offer.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Letters of Recommendation Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic
- Interview Applicants who meet all the academic entrance requirements will be invited to attend an interview at which they may be asked questions regarding their intended programme of study. The interview is a compulsory stage of the selection process
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your Passport/ID
- One passport size photo
The teaching list includes modules such as:
Analysis of Algorithms, Advanced Database Systems, Cybersecurity, Big Data Processing, Machine Learning and Image Processing.
This program will equip students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding in Computer Science which includes the Theory of Computation, Operating Systems, Design of Advanced Database Systems, and Algorithms Analysis and Design. According to their choice, the students will also receive an advanced knowledge of some of the following computer science specialties: Cybersecurity, Big Data Processing, Cloud Computing, and Image Processing.
Essentially, through their dissertations, they will learn to conduct research in computer science, design and develop methodologies, perform experiments, and analyze, and discuss the results of their findings. In addition, some other skills such as learning how to be initiative and take responsibility, solve problems in creative and innovative ways, continue to learn independently, and to develop professional capacity will be practiced.