The Undergraduate Foundation Programme is designed to provide students with the academic language, behaviour and skills required to be able to pursue further studies in Higher Education.
The Undergraduate Foundation Programme is a one or two-year programme that prepares students to successfully complete an undergraduate degree in either the social sciences or natural sciences at UKH.
- Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered. Please note that acceptance into the foundation programme does not guarantee entrance into the undergraduate programme.
- Application Form: Online application is required
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Certification Letter from High School: Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average.
- A copy of your Passport/ID
- One passport size photo
The B1 level programme includes exam preparation for the Pearson Test of English (Academic) and maths modules. Each programme is full time and lasts for 28 weeks.
The teaching material covers both the social sciences and natural sciences in order to give students a broader exposure to academic material and prepare them for the PTE, which is part of the university’s undergraduate admissions requirements.
Each programme covers academic reading, academic writing and academic listening and speaking. The higher level B1 programme also includes PTE preparation modules and maths.
The aim of these modules is to prepare students for taking the Pearson Test of English (Academic) at the end of semester 2 of the B1 programme. The course will prepare students through familiarisation with task types, teaching test strategies, encouraging vocabulary expansion and provision of multiple practice activities with feedback.
As well as developing students’ language competencies, the Foundation Programme also targets other essential skills and behaviour. These include collaboration skills, communication skills, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, time management and study skills.