Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA)
The Executive Master in Business Administration is a two-year, 180-credit, professional degree, studying an in-depth array of the latest management theories, frameworks and techniques of how to manage organisations. The programme has a strong focus towards linking theory to management practice. The holders of this degree will obtain better opportunities to seek senior management positions, enhance knowledge, skills and abilities, improve self-confidence and decision-making, and increase promotion prospects. Applicants with non-business undergraduate degrees may apply for this programme but require at least three (3) years management experience. The minimum grade-point-average accepted from the undergraduate degree is 60%.
- Undergraduate Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60%
- Experience: At least three years of professional experience as evidence by the applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- Employment: Certification of employment if employed, or a personal statement containing a brief summary of work experience if self-employed (minimum of 300 words).
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 50 in PTE – 6 in IELTS or 74 in TOEFL iBT.
- Scheduled Interview
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Application Form: Online application form is required.
- Official Transcripts: Provide a copy of your undergraduate transcript with your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- Interview: Applicants who meet all of the academic entrance requirements will be invited to attend an interview at which they may be asked questions regarding their intended programme of study. The interview is a compulsory stage of the selection process.
- A copy of your CV.
- A copy of your passport/ID.
- One passport size photo.
The programme is undertaken over two years. The first year covers eight modules which are offered over two semesters (4 modules per semester). Each semester has 12-13 teaching weeks, and the delivery of each module is 3-hour per week, usually from 4.30pm to 7.30pm, scheduled between Sunday to Thursday. In the second year of study, students undertake a research dissertation of around 20,000 words, and must successfully pass a viva.
Holders of this degree have the opportunity to work in a wide-range of areas and fields, including the business sector, higher education, health management, not-for-profit, and government institutions to name a few. The degree has a strong appeal for most organisations because knowledge and skills in business management are critical to the financial health and long-term viability of most public and private organisations. The degree provides holders with the opportunity to seek promotion and/or apply for better or higher paid positions in middle to senior management levels or positions with higher responsibilities.