BSc in Petroleum Engineering
The BSc programme in Petroleum Engineering is designed to produce a new generation of petroleum engineers and make them able to manage their natural resources in the best possible way.
This programme deals with day to day operations in petroleum industry such as drilling operations, completions, well testing and logging, reservoir studies and other production operations.
This programme is designed to:
Educate a petroleum engineer who is capable of working as a drilling, well completion, production, and reservoir engineer.
Educate a competent graduate to synthesize and analyse open-ended problems and design solutions for petroleum engineering systems.
Ensured Graduates are able to functioning multi-disciplinary teams and integrate information and Data from multiple sources.
- High School Diploma: High school certificate, attained within the last five years and with a general high school score of 77% and above.
- Minimum Grade in Related Subjects: Minimum Score of 70% in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. Accumulative subject grades for physics, math, and chemistry = 210
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 45 in PTE, 5.5 in IELTS or 64 in ibt-TOEFL
- School Entrance Test
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Conditional Offer may be given to applicants who submit the required minimum score from Versant English Placement Test - Pearson.
- Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered
- Application Form: Online application is required.
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Certification Letter from High School: Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average.
- A copy of your Passport/ID.
- One passport size photo.
The Bachelor in Petroleum Engineering consists of 35 taught modules (23 worth 15 credits and 12 worth 10 credits) and a 30 credit individual research dissertation. Normally, the students study 5 modules in the first four semesters, 4 in 5th and 6th semesters and 3 in each 7th and 8th semesters along with project. However, varying rates of study can be arranged.
Semesters are 15 week blocks and there is an equivalent of a 3 hours of classes per week for each 15 credit course and 2 hours of classes per week for 10 credits course. Students obtaining 480 credits will be eligible for the Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering. The final stage is a dissertation and students may not formally commence this until they have completed the entire taught stage.
Main modules offered in this programme are as: Geophysics, Petroleum Economy, Drilling Engineering -I &II, Thermodynamics, Well Logging and Interpretation, Strength of Materials, Reservoir Engineering-I & II, Production Engineering-I & II, Research Methods and Group Project, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Reservoir Simulation, Natural Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering.
After completion of this programme, graduates become able to understand different techniques of drilling, well testing and well logging techniques to evaluate information in terms of economic viability, different production methods to enhance production rate of hydrocarbons. Students also become familiar to reservoir modelling by using latest software of reservoir simulation. Internship is the main aspect of the programme in which students have to go in the field to polish their skill level and to know the working culture of the field.