BSc in Computer Science
In an increasingly computerized society in areas ranging from administration organization, electronic government, education, banking, health, insurance, natural language processing, Internet and its application, mobile applications, and almost every aspect of human being life, the need for computing, software development, and related research are essential and unavoidable.
After building a strong background in critical thinking and computer architecture, the computer science programme prepares graduates who can develop algorithms to solve complex problem fusing computers and to develop software that could leverage the life quality in different sectors.
The students will learn several software programming languages in addition to the philosophy of programming languages. The web applications and technologies and developing database application systems are another important part of the programme educational aims.
- High School Diploma: Secondary school certificate, attained within the last five years and with a general high school score of 60% and above.
- Minimum Grade in Related Subjects: Minimum high school education score of 70% in Mathematics and Physics. School Entrance Test. Accumulative subject grades for physics and math = 120
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 52 in Versant (Conditional Offer); 45 in PTE, 5.5 in IELTS or 64 in ibt-TOEFL.
- School Entrance Test
- Scheduled Interview
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Conditional Offer may be given to applicants who submit the required minimum score from Versant English Placement Test - Pearson.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required Online application is required
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Certification Letter from High School: Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average.
- A copy of your Passport/ID
- One passport size photo
Length of program: 4 year (8 semesters).
Total modules taught: 34 of which 12 carry 10 credits and 22 carry 15 credits.
First 2 years: 20 modules: 5 per semester.
Third year: 8 modules: 4 per semester.
Final year: 6 modules: 3 per semester along with the final year project.
Total duration: 17 weeks.
Teaching: 14 weeks.
Teaching hours per module:15 credit modules: 3 hours per week. 10 credit modules: 2 hours per week.
Laboratory sessions: Varies according to each module.
Midterm Exam: 1 week.
Final Exam: 2 weeks.
Total required credits for graduation: 480 credits to be eligible for the BSc degree in Computer Science.
A final year project: It carries 30 credits that is planned for two semesters in which the student.
Some of the modules taught in this programme covering the key areas are: Priciples of Databases Systems, Structured Programming, Management Information Systems, Information Theory, Advanced Database Systems, Web Technologies, Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Computing. Final year project is realized by the student through two semesters. The project should cover the knowledges that the student earned through his programme and during his/her stay in the university.
This programme aims to graduate skilled computer scientists needed in the region to design and operate computer systems and to develop required software by variety of sectors. Database system development, web development, mobile applications, and software project management are the most important developed skills, in addition to computer networking and security issues. The graduates will be able to work in a highly technical environment especially in application developments on desktops and mobile devices.