BA in English and Digital Media
The BA programme in English Language and Digital Media studies the English language at the point where linguistics, literature and digital media meet in a 21st century context. At the early stages, the programme offers courses that aim to improve students’ academic skills alongside English language proficiency. This is taught in a contextualised way in which academic and language skills are taught through topics related to the field of study. During the second and third year, students will take courses that offer an in-depth study of English literature and linguistics in a 21st century context. It will address practical skills such as English writing and content development for the internet, critical literary and media studies and how digital media and technology shapes our communicative practices in multilingual societies. In addition, there is a strong focus on what is best practice in English language learning and teaching in 21st century education. The final year offers students the opportunity to further their skills in applied contexts such as an internship and an applied research thesis. In addition, students will explore more advanced topics in the field of literature, digital media, multimodal communication and linguistics. Learning and teaching on the programme Teaching and learning on the BA programme in English language and digital media is designed around a student-centred approach with a strong focus on developing learning, literacy and academic skills as an integral part of the subject courses. This means that classes are taught in ways that are hands-on and intellectually challenging whilst developing a range of autonomous academic and learning skills that enable our students to apply these skills in taking up challenges across various contexts. Upon completion of the programme, students will have developed a firm grounding in discipline specific knowledge, the cognitive and communicative skills needed to effectively participate in the discipline specific fields and intellectual and academic values that are essential to further studies at the postgraduate level.
- High School Diploma: High school certificate, attained within the last five years and with a general high school score of 60% or above.
- English Language Proficiency: English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 40 in PTE – 50 in IELTS -55 in TOEFL iBT or 85 in Duolingo.
- An equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required.
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Certification Letter from High School: Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average.
- A copy of your Passport and national ID
- One passport size photo
- Language, Media & Technology in the 21st Century
- Critical Literacy & Media Studies
- Digital Media, Film & Electronic Literature in the 21st Century
- Understanding Language & Multilingualism Online
- Writing & Content Development for the Internet
- Reading & Writing Poetry & Fiction in a Digitized & Mediatized Society
- Understanding Multimodal & Digital Communication
- English language teaching
- Educational consultancy
- Content development
- News agencies
- Communication consultancy
- Online content development
- Digital media production