Portuguese for foreigners, level A1 - Beginner
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Teach basic language skills for everyday life purposes at the A1 level.
- Teach basic grammatical structures.
- Engage in a variety of activities that cover the skills of reading, speaking, listening, and writing.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Recognize and utilize the unit’s vocabulary.
- Apply basic grammar rules and utilize them appropriately.
- Engage in simple conversations of everyday life.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Powerpoint and whiteboard delivery.
- Use of audiovisual materials (e.g., videos, TV series, podcasts)
- Group work and dialogues.
- Interactive class activities.
|2 Days/week – 1.5 hours per day||English, Portuguese|
Trainer Biography: Ana Cristina Marques is a Portuguese citizen. She has a certificate in Learning and Teaching Portuguese as a Foreign Language and a PhD. in Sociology. She has been working in academia, as a lecturer and/or as a researcher, since 2007. She believes in a student-centered approach, in which students knowledge and needs are essential to the design of learning strategies and to successful learning outcomes. She is dedicated to developing and promoting relevant language skills for professional and for personal purposes, as well as the students’ general well-being.