Portuguese for foreigners, level A1 - Beginner
The Portuguese for Foreigners-level A1 (Beginners) is an elementary course designed for people without prior knowledge of the Portuguese language. This course will not only introduce students to the Portuguse language, but will also introduce them to Portugal, Portuguese culture and the different Portuguese speaking countries around the world. Being one of the most spoken languages in the world, Portuguese is the official language of countries, such as Brazil, Mozambique or Timor-East. This course takes a student centred approach, focusing on students knowledge and their specific needs. The module is designed to teach students simple everyday expressions and sentences. Students will learn how to introduce themselves and others, how to ask and answer questions about personal information, and how to interact with others in a simple manner.
This course aims to:
- Teach basic language skills for everyday life purposes at A1 level.
- Teach basic grammatical structures.
- Engage in a variety of activities that cover the skills of reading, speaking, listening and writing.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Recognise and utilise the unit’s vocabulary.
- Apply basic grammar rules and utilise them appropriately.
- engage into simple conversations of every day life.
Who should Attend?
This course is suited for
- Students and professionals interested in learning German as a foreign language.
- People who need tutorials to pass the official Portuguese exam level 1, from the Instituto Camões.
The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Power point and white board delivery.
- Use of audiovisual materials (e.g., videos, TV series, podcasts)
- Group work and dialogues.
- Interactive class activities.
- Greetings, personal introduction, alphabet and numbers (weeks 1-4).
- Talking about how you are, personal details, nationalities and languages (5-8).
- Talking about towns, cities, jobs and studies (weeks 9-12).
Starts November 20, 2022 Ends February, 16, 2023
Hours per Day: 1.5
Number of Days per Week: 2
Number of Weeks: 12; Total of 36 hours
Afternoon from 4:30 p.m till 6:00. p.m
Portuguese and English.
University of Kurdistan Hewlêr.
UKH Professional and Executive Education Centre.
Ana Cristina Marques is a Portuguese citizen. She has a certificate in Learning and Teaching Portuguese as a Foreign Language and a PhD in Sociology. She has been working in academia, as a lecturer and/or as a researcher, since 2007. She believes in a student centred approach, in which students knowledge and needs are essential to the design of learning strategies and to succesfull learning outcomes. She is dedicate to develop and promote relevant language skills for professional and for personal purposes, as well as the students’ general well-being.