The purpose of the library is to serve students, faculty, staff and residents of Hewlêr, Kurdistan, and the international community that are interested in Kurdistan’s affairs.
We have created a research and discovery environment and provide resources for all communities by collecting, organising, preserving and making more easily available diverse learning and knowledge resources.
To that end we aim to –
- Be a national and international leader in providing library services for UKH students, faculty, staff and residents of Hewler
- Form an integral part of the University’s teaching, research and services locally, nationally and globally
- Recognise and support diversity and multiculturalism in the campuses and beyond
- Collaborate and partner with local, national and international libraries and organisations
- Be a creative leader in providing access to information resources and retrieval of information
- Actively lead in the development of library and library services to a diverse community
- Be a vigorous advocate of academic and intellectual freedom
We are open to members of the wider Kurdistan community for both enquiries and borrowing, please contact us for further details.