Customer Services Skills Training Programme
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Provide an introduction and theoretical background to customer service.
- Deliver tips on how to make a great ‘First Impression’.
- Build know-how and confidence when dealing with clients.
- Develop effective communication skills and professional language etiquette.
- Train learners interactively on how to greet and assist customers by making friendly small talk, showing them around the company, and responding with effective answers to different types of questions and inquiries.
- Provide the tools how to effectively handle telephone calls (telephone etiquette, troubleshooting, taking messages, etc.)
- Train learners on how to effectively deal with difficult and unsatisfied customers and complaints.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Confidently deal with different types of customers in a proactive, friendly, honest, and professional manner.
- Be aware of the appropriate use of body language, posture, language etiquette, and positive attitude.
- Be proficient in mastering key customer service skills, such as empathy, patience, clear communication, building rapport, demonstrating knowledge of relevant products and services, and the ability to make small talk.
- Be proficient in handling telephone calls at a high standard of integrity and reliability.
- Know how to handle difficult and unsatisfied customers.
- Know how to handle complaints and solve problems swiftly, assertively, and professionally.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- The course is comprised of classroom and practice sessions. The theory will be delivered through workshops in a classroom environment. The workshops will provide training manuals covering theory and examples. Videos will be shown to demonstrate examples upon which learners will engage in interactive activities for practice.
- Upon completion of the seminars, the trainer will visit the employees at the companies’ premises to train staff through task-based learning at their desks and provide support and guidance. Workplace sessions will last for approx. 1 hour per visit.
|4 Days – 2 hours per day||English|
Trainer Biography: Ms. Jana Kosemund is currently working as a lecturer of Business English and Communication Skills at the School of Business and Management, University Kurdistan Hewler. Jana holds an MSc in Environment and Sustainability and a BA in Business Management from Birkbeck, University of London. She joined UKH in November 2019 with over ten years of professional experience in the hospitality, retail, and finance sector. Jana possesses years of relevant work experience in customer service management obtained at high-end restaurants, hotels, as well as retail and financial institutions.
Certification: Receive a training certificate from UKH-PEEC.