Advanced Emergency DepartmentCourse AEDC
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Cover practical skills to treat respiratory illnesses, cardiac arrest, critical and special wounds, traumas and other emergencies to improve the knowledge and experience of students when they deal with critical patients.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the concepts, principles and skills related to initial and secondary patient assessment and treatment of patients with multiple injuries.
- Understand and manage common emergency cases, such as cardiac arrest, stroke, shock, toxicological emergencies, gynecological emergencies, and asthma attacks.
- Confidently and securely deal with pains and critical wounds, such as head, chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries.
- Be up-to-date with the latest changes and advances in patient care.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Expose the students to a maximum number of skills and scenarios during the session.
- Candidates will be continuously assessed based on their performance in clinical simulations and be expected to show competency in the core skills of the course.
- Practical components will be formally tested.
|4 Days – 4 hours per day||English|
Dr. Soran Ahmed Khdr is an emergency specialist and lecturer of Emergency Medicine at Hewlêr Medical University at the Department of Internal Medicine. He holds a fellowship as Emergency Medicine Specialist at FKBMS-EM (the Fellowship of Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialties – Emergency Medicine) and a M.B.Ch.B. (Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery). Dr. Soran is certified as ATLS, ACLS, BLS and ALS provider and instructor from the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine (KSEM). He worked as Emergency Medicine Specialist in East Emergency Hospital, the most crowded emergency unit in Erbil, leading emergency team in treatment and management of accident victims and emergency medical conditions.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a training certificate from the School of Medicine of UKH co-branded with the
Council of Ministers of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine -Supreme Council (KSEM), as well as the
Professional and Executive Education Centre, UKH.