A Crash Course in Information Security
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Provide an insight into the principles of Information Security and introduce protection mechanisms used to prevent attacks on computer systems.
- Familiarise the trainees with the cryptographic concepts for various cipher systems.
- Explore different types of attacks and the underneath concepts used to compromise systems.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand different protection methods that provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems.
- Implement different encryption methods.
- Differentiate between different types of threats and ways of prevention.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Group work
- Tutorial exercises
- Simple assignments and lectures.
|3 Days – 4 hours per day||English, Kurdish, Arabic|
Dr. Govand Kadir is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at UKH. He has more than 15 years of teaching experience and is an expert in the field of wireless networks and Cyber Security. H successfully conducted many kinds of research and projects with undergraduate and postgraduate students.