Teacher Training Course TOT
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Help the trainees to improve their teaching techniques and expand their classroom repertoire.
- Provide the trainees with the principles of Communicative Language Teaching (CLT) and the way to apply them.
- Help the trainees to create & deliver more dynamic and interactive lessons.
- Train the trainees on teaching the four skills: listening, reading, speaking, & writing.
- Train the trainees on teaching the three sub-skills: vocabulary, grammar, & pronunciation.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of Communicative Language Teaching.
- Be able to plan lessons in a professional, organized way.
- Have the tools to continue their research in ELT.
- Feel more confident in their classroom environment.
- Have the skills and knowledge to become successful English teachers.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Expository lectures
- Pair work and group work
- Class participation
- Demo lessons
|5 Days/Per week – 2 hours per day||English|
Trainer Biography: Maher Haramy is a lecturer in English at the University of Kurdistan Hewler. He was an IELTS instructor at Aston American University. He has a BA in English Language and Literature, a Diploma in Literary Studies, an MA in Translation, a CELTA, a TESOL Certificate, and a TEFL Certificate. In addition to teaching, he is also a published poet and translator.
Certification: Receive a training certificate from UKH-PEEC.