Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- To understand the principles associated with effective project management and the application of these principles.
- Applies the PM processes to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects and coordinate all the elements of the project.
- To initiate a project plan, manage both stakeholders and relationships, organize teams, develop a project charter, and build a business case for a project.
- To identify the resources needed for each stage, including involved stakeholders, tools, and supplementary materials.
- To be able to develop a project plan while considering factors such as customer requirements and internal/external goals.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Acquire project management processes skills and knowledge areas.
- Ability to do resource planning and project scheduling.
- Ability to do project costing and adopt the latest trends in project management.
- Develop project breakdown structure, activities, plans, and deliverables.
- Select and apply methods, tools, and techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling projects.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Seminars and presentations.
- Case studies and simulated practical situations.
|10 Days – 3 hours per day
Trainer Biography: Dr. Pejvak Kokabian is an Adjunct Professor in the School of Management and Economics at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr, KRI. He received his master’s and doctorate degree in economics from The Graduate Claremont University of California in the USA. He also received PMP and post-master from Schulich School at the University of York, and an MBA in technology from Canada. He has been working in public and private sectors in US and Canada; consulted energy and EP (engineering, procurement) companies as well as banks (TD Bank, CIBC Bank), agencies, and institutions. Dr. Kokabian had been with the University of Arizona from 2020 as program manager until 2022. Currently, he is teaching at UKH University.
Certification: Receive a training certificate from UKH-PEEC.