PhD in Political Studies
The PhD programme in Political Science and International Relations at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr is a full-time course of study which is organised to achieve the following objectives: - To enable students to engage in advanced study and research in a variety of disciplines. - To foster original, novel and scholarly research that serves the interests and needs of Kurdistan, Iraq and beyond. - To equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to engage in independent scholarly research, the generation of new knowledge, and to perform diverse tasks requiring skills obtained on the programme.
- Candidates must have an average of not less than 60 and 70 in BSc and MSc respectively.
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 56 in PTE – 6.5 in IELTS -85 in TOEFL iBT or 120 in Duolingo.
- An equalised transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Application Form: Online application form is required.
- Official Transcripts: Provide a copy of your undergraduate transcript with your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- Research Proposal
- Interview: Aplicants who meet all of the academic entrance requirements will be invited to attend an interview at which they may be asked questions regarding their intended programme of study. The interview is a compulsory stage of the selection process.
- Applicants with high quality publications are preferred.
- A copy of your CV.
- A copy of your passport or national ID.
- One passport size photo.