PhD in Political Studies
Four years $6,000 per academic year
- Qualification: Except for the School of Medicine, applicants are required to have a minimal final grade of at least 60% (or among the top 25% of their cohort), 2:1 UK or international CGPA of 3.0) in their bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution (equalised), majoring within the same area of the proposed degree.
- An applicant seeking admission to the programme of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at UKH must have an /MA/MSc/MPhil from a recognised institution (equalised) with a minimum score of 70% or an equivalent GPA and majoring within the same area of the proposed degree.
- There shall be no discrimination in terms of gender, ethnicity, and age.
- English Language Proficiency: Prior to admission, applicants shall have obtained a score of at least 60 in a Pearson Test of English (Academic) for the natural sciences, or the equivalent in IELTS or TOEFL examination, and 65 or the equivalent in IELTS or TOEFL examination, for the social sciences, or as determined by the relevant School, including UKH or any other English based universities.
- Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a research proposal in a format of literature review and being cited of 2500 words 1.5 spaced in a font size of 12, Arial, following the specific form provided by UKH under the title of “Outlines of the Proposed Research Topic”, or as stipulated by the appropriate School. Applicants shall direct their applications via the Registrar to one of the relevant Schools and Departments within the UKH.
- Scheduled Interview: Applicants seeking admission to a PhD programme shall be subject to a rigorous interview in which the candidate’s suitability for higher research shall be judged.
- Entrance Test: All applicants shall undergo a written entrance examination comprising 70% of the accumulated points total. 50% of the exam total shall be allocated to each of two categories: A.) general academic competence; and B.) subject expertise in the applicant’s proposed field area and educational background. The passing mark is 60%, which must be attained in both categories A and B.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required.
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Letters of Recommendation Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic
- Research Proposal
- Interview Applicants who meet all the academic entrance requirements will be invited to attend an interview at which they may be asked questions regarding their intended programme of study. The interview is a compulsory stage of the selection process
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your Passport/ID.
- One passport size photo.