MSc in Business and Management
The Master of Science in Business and Management is a two-year 180-credit academic programme that aims to equip students with the latest theories and best practices in the science of business and management. The programme is designed for students who are seeking to advance their careers by specialising in the field of business and management. While the degree can be used in many industries and sectors, it does offer holders the opportunity to become academics in the Higher Education sector and/or apply for PhD studies. To apply applicants should hold a BA or BSc in Business and Management studies or a related field that covers at least 60% of courses reflected in the sought degree. The minimum grade-point-average (GPA) from undergraduate studies is 60%.
- Bachelor's Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60% in Business and/or Management or related field of study.
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 50 in PTE, 6 in IELTS or 74 in ibt-TOEFL.
- Preference is given to applicants with working experience.
- Two recommendation letters with at least one being from an employer.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your Passport/ID
- One passport size photo
The programme is undertaken over two years. The first year covers eight modules which are offered over two semesters (4 modules per semester). Each semester has 12-13 teaching weeks, and the delivery of each module is 3-hour per week, usually from 4.30pm to 7.30pm, scheduled between Sunday to Thursday. In the second year of study, students undertake a research dissertation of around 20,000 words, and must successfully pass a viva.
Holders of this degree have the opportunity to work in a wide range of areas and fields, including the business sector, higher education, health management, not-for-profit and government institutions to name a few. The degree has a strong appeal for most organisations because knowledge and skills in business management are critical to the financial health and long-term viability of most public and private organisations. The degree provides holders with the opportunity to seek promotion and/or apply for better or higher paid positions in middle to senior management levels or positions with higher responsibilities. In the case of working in the higher education sector in Kurdistan and Iraq, the degree is a minimum requirement.