BSc in Software Engineering
Software systems are the cornerstones of most of the modern businesses, which are often complex and long lived. By studying Software Engineering course, the students are equipped with the skills needed to follow a career to develop such systems.
The programme has a unique design in terms of hardware and software related subject combination of modules and fields of research. This unique program is to help students in the Kurdistan region to pursue their undergraduate studies by employing advanced and cutting edge computer technologies, which will eventually prepare them to be leaders in the fields of software engineering in the region.
Software Engineering students will benefit from learning informed by experienced international academic staffs. They will learn about programming skills, software development and maintenance, database design and web/ mobile technologies, gaining an awareness of professional practice and social responsibility.
- High School Diploma Secondary school certificate, attained within the last five years and with a general high school score of 75% and above. Accumulative subject grades for physics and math = 140
- Minimum Grade in Related Subjects Minimum high school education score of 70% in Mathematics and Physics
- English Language Proficiency Minimum English Language requirement is 52 in Versant (Conditional Offer); 45 in PTE, 5.5 in IELTS or 64 in ibt-TOEFL
- School Entrance Test
- Scheduled Interview
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Conditional Offer may be given to applicants who submit the required minimum score from Versant English Placement Test - Pearson.
- Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form Online application is required Online application is required
- Official transcripts Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required)
- Certification Letter from High School Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average
- A copy of your Passport/ID
- One passport size photo
Length of program: 4 years (8 semesters). Total modules taught: 34 of which 12 carry 10 credits and 22 carry 15 credits. A final year project: It carries 30 credits that is planned for two semesters in which the student.
Some of the modules taught in this programme covering the key areas are: Structured/ Object Oriented Programming, Algorithm Design and Analysis, Computer Graphics, Web Technologies, Software Engineering and Development, Software Testing and Evaluation, Game Development and Mobile Application Development.
Final year project is realised by the student through two semesters. The project should cover the knowledge that the student earned through his programme during his/her stay in the university.
The first year is common with other programmes in the department to build up the mathematical base, the critical thinking and the problem solving techniques. Starting from second year, students begin to develop their Software Engineering-based skills by taking related courses such as Discrete Mathematics and Algorithm Design and Analysis, and by the end of the fourth year the complete syllabus of Software Engineering program will be covered.
The programme emphasizes on the various aspects of developing software systems including: System Analysis and Design, Software Development Engineering, Secure Software Development, Software Testing and Evaluation. Furthermore, the students will be in touch with different frameworks of developing Game Applications along with Dynamic Web sites and Mobile Applications.