BSc in Computer Science and Cyber Security
*THIS PROGRAMME IS SUBJECT TO APPROVALThis four-year programme combines the study of the latest developments in Computer Science with a special focus on the rapidly developing field of Cybersecurity. In every sphere of modern life, the amount of data produced by individuals and organisations is growing rapidly and this poses an ever-increasing risk to the security of this data. Across the globe, governments and organisations are increasing their cybersecurity budgets to respond to these threats, but with a global cybersecurity skills shortage, there has never been a better time to begin your career as a cybersecurity professional. The BSc in Computer Science and Cybersecurity will equip you with the advanced skills and knowledge to monitor, detect and respond to cybercrime and other internal and external threats to data security and to maintain the security of networked systems.
- High School Diploma: Secondary school certificate, attained within the last five years and with a general high school score of 60% and above.
- Minimum Grade in Related Subjects: Minimum high school education score of 70% in Mathematics and Physics. School Entrance Test. Accumulative subject grades for physics and math = 120
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 45 in PTE, 5.5 in IELTS -64 in ibt-TOEFL or 95 in Duolingo.
- School Entrance Test.
- Scheduled Interview.
- Equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Conditional Offer may be given to applicants who submit the required minimum score from Versant English Placement Test - Pearson
- Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered
- Application Form: Online application is required.
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Certification Letter from High School: Provide an official letter from your High School Confirming your High School Average.
- A copy of your Passport/ID.
- One passport size photo.
Programme intended learning outcomes:
Learn general aspects of computer systems
Understand the fundamentals of programming
Enhance mathematic and logic knowledge.
Learn general aspects of system analysis and design
Introduce the concept of cyber security and cryptography
Learn advance programming techniques and object-oriented concepts.
Learn the concepts of software development and database design
Introduce computer networking and data communication in addition to network security
Learn various methods of security testing of software
Learn Various aspects of physical layer and hardware security
Introduce cybercrimes and law in addition to the management of Information security
Produce an individual project reflects the materials studied during the whole course