Introduction to Wind Energy
It provides a brief description of the sources of renewable energy with focus on wind energy. The practical applications are highlighted. It includes a review of the available electricity generation systems with basic calculations. In the practical part the participants will visit the lab and will be introduced to actual wind turbine systems.
This course aims to:
- Introduce renewable energy as a valid sources of energy.
- Review the variety of wind turbines.
- Form an understanding of their actual requirements.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Be aware of the existing sources of renewable energy.
- Recognise the variety of wind turbines.
- Identify the main components of a basic wind turbine system.
Who should Attend?
This course is suited for
- People interested in renewable energy applications with some background in physics.
The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- PowerPoint presentations and whiteboard delivery.
- Group questions and class discussions.
- Hands-on check on components and system layout in the lab.
- Introduction to wind energy and the effective parameters (day 1).
- Wind turbine components and applications (day 2).
Starts July, 12, 2023 Ends July, 13, 2023
Hours per Day: 1.5
Number of Days: 3
Total no. of Hours: 4.5 hrs
Afternoon from 4:30 p.m till 6:00. p.m
Soorkeu A. Atrooshi is an Assistant Professor and holdsa Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. Over years of teaching and research, he has developed a deep passion for renewable energy. His largest contribution has been his local and international publications on Solar Chimney Power Plants. He also has publications in heat exchangers, solar air-conditioning, refrigeration systems, and multistage flash evaporation.12