IFRS Conceptual Framework and Financial Reporting
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Equip applicants with all knowledge and expertise that is required for critical analysis of IFRS principles, concepts, and standards.
- Give emphasis on current theory and practice. The primary concern is asset measurement and income determination.
- Describe and understand financial statements (balance sheets) according to IFRS.
- Comprehend financial statements (Income statement, retained earning statement) according to IFRS.
- to evaluate financial statements (Cash Flow statements) according to IFRS.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Explain the steps in the development of an international accounting standard, list the sources of IFRS, and identify the groups that have established IFRS and the documents issued by each group.
- Explain the nature and the structure of IFRS conceptual framework.
- Explain the basic elements of financial statements.
- Discuss the recognition criteria for revenues, expenses, and gains and losses.
- Prepare a Multiple-Step income statement, a classified balance sheet, and a statement of cash flows.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Seminars and presentations.
- Case studies and simulated practical situations.
|3 Days – 3 hours per day
Trainer Biography: Dr. Ebrahim Mansoori is an Assistant Professor and Head of the Economics and Finance department at the University of Kurdistan Hewler. He holds a PhD. in Corporate Finance from the University of Science, Malaysia, and an M.A. in Accounting from Shiraz University, Iran. Over years of teaching and research, he has developed a deep passion for accounting and financial reporting and has regularly published over 15 research studies locally and internationally in the past 10 years. On top of that, Dr. Ebrahim has many years of work experience in the field as Finance Advisor as well as Finance and Budget Manager.