Emergency Basic Life Support and First Aid Training (EBLS - FAT)
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Deliver high-quality CPR for a person that has gone into cardiac arrest or is not breathing, such as chest compressions and rescue breathing.
- Respond to emergencies like heart attack, drowning, poisoning, broken bones, and trauma.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Deal with cases that suddenly deteriorate and decrease the rates of mistakes during future practical life.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest changes and advances in patient care, which could help save a life.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Expose the students to a maximum number of practical skills and case scenarios during the session.
- Candidates will be continuously assessed based on their performance in clinical simulations and be expected to show competency in the core skills of the course.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical components will be formally tested.
|2 Days – 4 hours per day
|English, Kurdish, Arabic
Solin Kawa Kamal, a specialist in Emergency Medicine at West Emergency Hospital, works as Adjunct Faculty at the School of Medicine at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr. He holds an FKBMS E.M., a Bachelor of Medicine, and a Bachelor of Surgery as well as several awards and honors from the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a training certificate from the School of Medicine of UKH co-branded with the Council of Ministers of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine – Supreme Council (KSEM), as well as the Professional and Executive Education Centre, UKH.