Advanced Emergency Pediatric Life Support - AEPLS
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Provide the knowledge and skills to recognize and effectively treat and stabilize children and adolescents with life-threatening emergencies.
- Teach how to perform good-quality CPR and cardiac arrest for both adults and children.
- Cover airway management, procedures, and respiratory failure.
- Cover common emergency cases that need prehospital care (first aid), such as treatments for shock, pain, maltreatment, traumas, transport, and toxicological emergencies.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Master the basic airway procedure.
- Perform good quality CPR for both adults and children.
- Understand the common emergency cases that need prehospital care (first aid).
The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Participants use simulation team-based crisis resource management principles and take part in high-fidelity simulation-based pediatric resuscitation scenarios and skills stations.
- Candidates will be continuously assessed based on their performance in clinical simulations and be expected to show competency in the core skills of the course.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical components will be formally tested.
|3 Days – 5 hours per day
Dr. Haval Faris Mohammed, Acting Program Director of the Emergency Medicine Board at the Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialty, is a lecturer of Emergency Medicine at the Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialty as well as at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr. He holds a fellowship as an Emergency Medicine Specialist at FKBMS-EM (Fellowship of Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialties – Emergency Medicine) and an M.B. Ch.B. (bachelor’s degree in medicine and bachelor’s degree in surgery) from Hewlêr Medical University. He is an advanced emergency medicine course instructor at the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine (KBMS).
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a training certificate from the School of Medicine of UKH co-branded with the Council of Ministers of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine – Supreme Council (KSEM), as well as the Professional and Executive Education Centre, UKH.