Advanced Emergency Cardiac Life Support- AECLS
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Deliver the skills needed to manage a deteriorating patient using the structured ABCDE approach.
- Deliver standardized CPR in adults.
- Teach about cardiac arrest and other life-threatening situations such as hyperintensity, arrhythmias, strokes, etc.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Manage a cardiac arrest or other life-threatening situations of a deteriorating patient.
- Stay up to date with the latest changes in advanced patient care and decrease the rates of mistakes during future practical life.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Expose the students to a maximum number of practical skills and case scenarios during the session.
- Candidates will be continuously assessed based on their performance in clinical simulations and be expected to show competency in the core skills of the course.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical components will be formally assessed.
|3 Days – 5 hours per day
Dr. Samir Qader Ahmed is an Emergency Medicine Specialist at East (Rozhalat) Emergency Hospital and a course instructor of emergency medicine in Erbil, Sulaimania, and Duhok. He holds a fellowship as an Emergency Medicine Specialist at FKBMS-EM (Fellowship of Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialties – Emergency Medicine) and an M.B. Ch.B. (bachelor’s degree in medicine and bachelor’s degree in surgery) from Hewlêr Medical University.
Dr. Samir is certified as an ATLS, APLS, ALS, and BEC provider and instructor from the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine (KSEM) and is recognized by the Medecins Sans Frontieres organization. He also worked as a Neurology Senior House officer in Rezgari Hospital & East Emergency Hospital leading the emergency team in the treatment and management of neurology and emergency medical conditions.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a training certificate from the School of Medicine of UKH co-branded with the Council of Ministers of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine – Supreme Council (KSEM), as well as the Professional and Executive Education Centre, UKH.