Don’t just ‘Google it’ use one or more of the search engines listed below to add breath and specificity to your searches.
For off campus access to the databases staff and students of UKH may login to the Library pages via their Moodle accounts.
- AAPG Datapages – The searchable archives of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) with content from over 40 publishers and societies.
- AMBOSS – digital medical resources covering 20,000 plus pre-clinical and clinical medical topics with over 5,700 clinical case-based questions, an intuitive and comprehensive digital course book, learning resources and assessment tools
- Cochrane Library – Searchable databases of clinical answers, controlled trials and systematics reviews as well as special collections and hosted content to inform decision-making in health and medical matters.
- Ebscohost Academic Search Premier – this has nearly 4700 full-text journals. There are three services available under Ebscohost: Academic Search Premier, Health Business Elite and Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts.
- JSTOR – has over 2,000 academic journals, nearly 20,000 books, and 2 million primary source objects. The oldest content in the JSTOR archive was published in 1665.
- OnePetro – A unique library of technical documents and journal articles serving the oil and gas exploration and productivity industry.
- OSMOSIS – The all-in-one health education platform where educators teach effectively and students learn effectively
- Qatar Digital Library– The Qatar Digital Library is an archival digital collection of primary sources pertaining to Gulf Coast countries and regions, including Kurdistan. The personal and institutional archival collection consists of manuscripts, letters, maps, musical recordings, and photographs. 950,000 images have been added thus far.
- Research4Life – The Research4Life Portal provide access to five databases including AGORA – containing materials related to agriculture, forestry, fisheries, climate and food security; ARDI – containing materials related to innovation and technology; GOALI – containing materials related to law; HINARI – containing materials related to health; and AORE – containing materials related to environment.
- Wiley Online Library – This database holds material on English, Medicine and Engineering. Covering 1,500 journals and over 15,000 online books, and hundreds of multi-volume reference works, databases, and other resources digitised. Subscription access is defined by the unlocked symbol against each entry.
- World Bank Data Catalog – here you can find world development indicators, financial indicators, African development indicators, World Bank development projects and more.
- World Bank e-library – this has more than 4,500 World Bank publications and working papers about development issues.