Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- To acquaint students with the techniques of financial management and their applications for business decision-making.
- To familiarize students with MS Excel or spreadsheet applications of accounting and financial ratios.
- To be able to develop a finance plan.
- To analyze financial statements:
o Income statement
o Balance sheet
o Statement of cash flows
o Profit and loss statement
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Apply the time value of money concepts and mathematics with the use of a financial calculator, MS Excel to a variety of both corporate and individual financial scenarios.
- Explain how the time value of money works and discuss why it is an important concept in finance.
- Calculate the present value and future value, ROI, and IRR.
- Demonstrate the financial statement life cycle from ledger to statement.
- Select and apply methods, tools, and techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling financial statements
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Seminars and presentations.
- Case studies and simulated practical situations.
|5 Days – 4 hours per day||English, Kurdish|
Trainer Biography: Dr. Pejvak Kokabian is an Adjunct Professor in the School of Management and Economics at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr, KRI. He received his master’s and doctorate degree in economics from The Graduate Claremont University of California in the USA. He also received PMP and post-master from Schulich School at the University of York, and an MBA in technology from Canada. He has been working in public and private sectors in US and Canada; consulted energy and EP (engineering, procurement) companies as well as banks (TD Bank, CIBC Bank), agencies, and institutions. Dr. Kokabian had been with the University of Arizona from 2020 as program manager until 2022. Currently, he is teaching at UKH University.
Certification: Receive a training certificate from UKH-PEEC.