Mahmood A. Bakr Khayyat, PhD
Assistant Professor/Chair of Architecture Programme
Asst. Prof. Dr. Mahmood Ahmed Bakr Khayat is the Chair of UKH’s Architectural Engineering and sustainability programme. He is the Director of SU. TIU joint M.Sc. Arch. Board, and has he acted as head of Department of Architecture at Salahddin University (2013 – 2018). Dr. Mahmood is the cofounder of post graduate M.Sc. programme in his department, and cofounder of Erbil Forum for sustainable development. He was the founder of Mahmood Khayat Architects (1990) and Arbil Engineering Company ( 2004) in Baghdad. He acted as a visiting Professor for limited periods at Local universities (of Sulaimania, Dohuk, Koya, Cihan, TIU, and the American University of Kurdistan). In 2019 he was awarded the title of IFPO associate researcher.
Dr. Khayat has published articles and acted as a speaker in several local and international conferences and events, examined and supervised PhD. And M.Sc. local students and co-supervised and examined one M.A. Student at Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus-Germany. His research concentrated on defining the vocabulary and grammars of the local Architecture language, this was adopted as a theme of design by making use of perception laws in re-calling the architectural vocabulary saved in the deep mental data storage to create an environment friendly architecture that can communicate with the audience.
- - PhD, Architecture University of Technology - Baghdad
- - MSc, Architecture University of Technology - Baghdad
- - BSc, Architecture University of Baghdad
|May 9th 2019 (Salahaddin University and University of Florida collaborative efforts for developing SU research and higher education in terms of sustainability) workshop at Salahaddin university (coordinator and speaker)|
|April 5th 2019(International education and post war reconstruction) workshop at Salahaddin university (coordinator and speaker)|
|Erbil April 2019 (second international conference on engineering ad innovative technology) ( member of organizing committee)|
|Mosul University conference December 20th 2019 (speaker) (The role of collaborative perception in determining priorities and procedures of reconstruction of Mosul old city)|
|SU-IFPO Erbil sixth workshop (coordinator and speaker) (UNESCO Chair for cultural heritage at Salahaddin University)|
- - In 2015 he was asked to act as director of Erbil research centre for sustainable development and also nominated to become the UNESCO Chair for cultural Heritage at Salahaddin University-Erbil, he is member of directing board of the college of engineering consultancy office, in 2018-2019, IFPO (French institute for near east) awarded Dr. Khayat the title of (IFPO Associate Researcher).
- - Dr. Khayat has joined many conferences including (not limited to), May 2014 CRSCAD conference in the University of Massachusetts (UMASS) Boston, April 2016, SU-ICEIT as a member of the scientific committee, May 2016 ifpo – AUIS conference at the American University- Sulaimani, and the PASCAL Glasgow June 2016.