Maha Raouf Hamoudi, PhD
Dr. Maha Raoof Hamoudi holds a Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering/ Production of Petroleum. Her academic experience extends for more than 30 years teaching as a lecturer and an assistant professor in Petroleum Engineering Department/ Engineering College at Baghdad University and other universities.
A self-motivated, well organised, dedicated person with the ability to be involved in team working with colleagues and also independently. She hopes to pursue developing and transferring her experience and scientific knowledge in petroleum engineering to our young generations to improve scientific communications and bridge the gap with the developed countries.
Her research interests include oil and gas production optimization, enhanced oil recovery, fluid flow in porous media and in pipes, along with stimulation, artificial lift techniques, petroleum economics and other scientific aspects. Dr Maha has published many papers and written a book in Arabic concerning Horizontal Well Technology. She has taught and supervised both undergraduate and postgraduate theses, MSc. and PhD. Currently working at UKH, since 2014.
- - PhD Petroleum Engineering/ Production of Petroleum
- - MSc Petroleum Eng. (College of Eng., University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1987.)
- - BSc Petroleum and Mineral Eng. (College of Eng., University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1979)
|"Laboratory investigation on matrix acidizing for a certain pay zone in Iraq", Journal of petroleum research ,council for scientific research ,Baghdad,Vol.7,No.2,1988.|
|“Study of corrosion prevention of water injection wells", 2001.Limited circulation.|
|“Feasibility of dynamic acid corrosion control in oil well tubing". Polymer and Plastic journal, USA, 2005.|
|"Correlations developed to predict Two-Phase flow through wellhead chokes". JCPT, Canada, 1989.|
|" Study of fracture – acidizing performance of Limestone reservoir rocks", IJCPE, Vol.5,.1998.|
- - Attended the SPE Distinguished Lecturer series (29th -6-2018) about Water Injection Operations Design presented by R. Scot Buell from Chevron Co. USA.
- - Attended" Schlumberger PETREL Software Session": UKH /Erbil; 2015.
- - Attended" TOTAL ENERGY AND EDUCATION SESSION 2014:TEES2014" Paris/France for the period 1-6-2014 to 6-6-2014.
- - Attended the course entitled “Drilling Activities" held in Istanbul / Turkey by TOTAL Co. Along with 28 students (3rd class), 6-9-2013 to14-9-2013.
- - Conducted“Project Management and Risk Estimation” course for the benefit of the Sudanese Petroleum Training Institute, SPTI. Held in 29/6