Abbas Yeganeh Bakhtiary, PhD
Dr. Abbas Yeganeh is an Assistant Professor in Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering. Before joining the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH), he spent 20 years at IUST and holds an adjunct senior lectureship at Cardiff University in UK. He has a PhD in Civil Engineering from Kyoto University and holds MSc degrees in Ocean and Civil Engineering.
He spent 30 years in practice, holding management positions in private enterprises, specialising in different branches of civil engineering. Due to a keen interest in other cultures, his teaching experience in university academic assignments spans eight countries. His research includes collaboration with universities in Japan, UK, Malaysia, USA, and Australia, and the publication over 67 research articles in internationally refereed journals and more than 100 conference papers. He has supervised 45 MSc Dissertation and more than 9 PhD Thesis.
- - PhD Civil Engineering Kyoto University
- - MSc Ocean & civil Engineering Kagoshima University
- - BSc Civil Engineering IUST
|Kalourazi MY, Siadatmousavi, SM, Yeganeh-Bakhtiary A and Jose F. (2021): “WAVEWATCH-III source terms evaluation for optimizing hurricane wave modeling: case study from Gulf of Mexico under hurricane conditions”. Journal of Oceanologia, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceano.2020.12.001.|
|Yeganeh-Bakhtiary A, Houshangi H and Abolfathi S (2020): “Lagrangian Two-Phase Flow Modeling of Scour in Front of a Vertical Breakwater”. Coastal Engineering Journal, doi.org/10.1080/21664250.2020.1747140.|
|Kalourazi MY, Siadatmousavi, SM, Yeganeh-Bakhtiary A and Jose F. (2020): “Simulating tropical storms in the Gulf of Mexico using analytical models”. Journal of Oceanologia, doi.org/10.1016/j.oceano.2019.11.001; 62(2): 173-189.|
|Mohammad Beigi Kasvaei, Kazeminejad MH and Yeganeh-Bakhtiary A. (2020): “Numerical Simulation of Current-Induced Scour around Cylindrical Piles with Two-Phase Flow”. Accepted, Journal of Oceanography, INIO.|
|Mohammad Beigi Kasvaei, M, Kazeminejad MH and Yeganeh-Bakhtiary A. (2019): “Numerical Study on Wave Induced Flow Field around Vibrant Monopile Regarding Cross-Sectional Shape”. International Journal of Coastal & Offshore Engineering; 3(2): 1-9.|
- - Panel Head of Recruiting New Faculty Search, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.
- - Director, Disaster Prevention Research Centre, IUST.
- - Dean of Research, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.
- - Committee Member of Faculty Recruiting for Water Engineering, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.
- - Associate Member, University Research Counsel, IUST.
- - Head, Office of International Affairs, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.
- - Delegate of IUST in the task committee of curriculum developing for the course of Coastal Engineering, Ministry of Higher Education, Iran.
- - Committee member of Coastal & Offshore Engineering Panel, Ministry of Higher Education, Iran.
- - Head of Committee for developing the postgraduate courses of Marine Structures, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.
- - Head of Committee for Developing the Coastal & Offshore Structures Lab, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.
- - Head of Department of Water Resources, School of Civil Engineering, IUST.