Advanced Emergency Trauma Life Support AETLS
Course Objectives: This course aims to:
- Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately.
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority.
- Determine if the patient’s needs exceed a facility’s capabilities.
- Ensure that optimum care is provided.
Course Outcomes: At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the concepts and principles of the primary and secondary patient assessments.
- Confidently and securely deal with traumatic cases immediately by establishing priorities in a trauma situation.
- Demonstrate the skills related to ABCD which are often required during initial assessment and treatment of patients with multiple injuries.
- Be up-to-date with the latest changes and advances in patient care, which could help save a life.
Training Strategies: The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- AETLS is a highly interactive course, taught using a variety of practical techniques including simulated patient scenarios, unfolding scenarios stations, group discussions and tutorials.
- Candidates will be continuously assessed based on their performance in clinical simulations and be expected to show competency in the core skills of the course.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical components will be formally tested.
|3 Days – 5 hours per day||English|
Dr. Karwan Yasin Mohammed, senior fellow and specialist physician of Emergency Medicine and Nephrologism, is a visiting lecturer at the School of Medicine at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr and Hewlêr Medical University. He has many years of experience as practitioner and lecturer. Dr. Karwan is internationally certified as ATLS, ACLS, BLS and ALS provider and instructor from the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP). He has been the Director of the Emergency Medicine Training Center at the Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialties since 2018 and holds FKBMS-EM and MRCEM memberships.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a training certificate from the School of Medicine of UKH co-branded with the Council of Ministers of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Kurdistan Society of Emergency Medicine – Supreme Council (KSEM), as well as the Professional and Executive Education Centre, UKH.