MA in Diplomacy and International Law
The mission of our University is to be the leading higher educational institution in the region. We seek to contribute to the social, intellectual, economic, cultural, governmental and industrial development of Kurdistan, and Iraq as a whole. University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) teaches exclusively in English and applies academic and teaching standards and practices that are comparable with those of western universities. Indeed, the Department of Politics and International Relations boasts an international faculty of highly qualified and committed academics and experts in their subject areas to guide you throughout your studies with us. This programme was launched in fall 2020. The key aim of this degree scheme is to produce high quality graduates who are able to think critically and creatively, and to be able to apply their acquired knowledge to the developmental challenges of the region and beyond. Our Diplomacy and International Law programme meanwhile investigates such themes as the nature of the interaction between states at a diplomatic level; the protocols and skills required of diplomats; human rights architecture and its role; the practice of international law and its theoretical underpinnings, and so on.
- Undergraduate DegreeCompletion of a recognised university undergraduate degree, at least to Bachelor level with Honours (or equivalent), in a relevant discipline.
- Undergraduate Degree: Minimum undergraduate average of 60% (equalized transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions).
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum English Language requirement is 50 in PTE – 6.0 in IELTS -74 in TOEFL iBT or 105 in Duolingo.
- Reference: Two references which indicate capacity to undertake postgraduate studies, at least one of which will be from an academic who has taught the applicant.
- Equalised transcript is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Note! Applicants dismissed for any reason from any university, school or college will not be considered.
- Application Form: Online application is required
- Official transcripts: Provide a copy of your official transcript (for applicants who graduated from international institutions, an equalized transcript is required).
- Letters of Recommendation: Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted with your application, preferably one of which will be from a university academic.
- A copy of your Passport and national ID
- One passport size photo