Kurdistan Business School


Barzi Executive Programme (BEP)

Doctoral in Business Administration

Overview

The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) programme is a 240 credit designed programme for professional applicants. This is an executive degree that intends to walk the applicant into a more in depth array of the latest decision making skills and techniques in business and management. Graduates of this programme will enjoy great opportunities of working as seniors in higher executive positions in various organisations. This programme is designed for applicants with a professional master’s in business and management related areas. The student needs to submit an English language proficiency of PTE 50% or any equivalent exam score. English foundation programme is also available at UKH (check website for more details).


Structure

The essence of delivering the modules in this programme evolves around case studies combined with the latest empirical research that prepares the student for senior management and leadership roles after graduation. A passing mark of 60% is expected in each of the 8 modules being studied over 2 semesters while the average grade of each semester should not be less than 70%. Different modules have different evaluation modes generally covering coursework of no less than 40% and no more than 60%, while the rest is deployed over midterm exams/final written exam or projects. Coursework normally includes but not limited to case studies, reports, assignments and presentations. The student needs to take 120 credits in the preparation year laid out over two semesters, each semester carrying 60 credits, 15 credits per module. After successfully passing the preparation year, the student will undertake a 120 credit dissertation of no less than 40,000 words that normally follows a case study methodology or an applicable project proposal.




Assessment

The student needs to score an average of no less than 70% for the combined 8 modules being studied over 2 semesters. Each module is worth 100%, which is divided into parts: coursework being 60% and the remaining 40% being allocated for a written final exam.


Admission Criteria

 

a.  A candidate seeking admission to the programme of Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) at UKH must have a MPhil/MA/MSc with a minimum score of 70% or an equivalent GPA and a BA/BSc with a minimum score of 60% or an equivalent GPA from any recognised institution. Candidates must have studied in the respective subject for which s/he is seeking admission, provided a competent supervisory committee can be made in accordance with UKH rules.

b. The BA/BSc for DBA applicants can be from fields other than Business Administration, to the condition that the applicant has a BA/BSc followed by a Master of Business Administration.

c. A score of at least 60 in a Pearson Test of English (Academic), or the equivalent in IELTS or TOFEL examination.

d. Age/Gender: There is no gender or age discrimination for admission to the DBA programme.

e. Candidates seeking admission to a PhD/DBA programme will have to submit their applications directed to one of the Programmes of Research that have been announced by relevant Schools and Departments. Applications will be assessed by the relevant Department, School and the UKH Board of Postgraduate Studies (BPGS). Candidates are also expected to submit a Research Proposal of three to four A4 pages in length following the specific form provided by UKH under the title of “Outlines of the Proposed Research Topic".

f. Candidates seeking admission to the DBA programme will need to undertake an interview.



Note: For AY 2019-20 applications, please email [email protected] or visit UKH's Registry Office.



Tuition Fee

$6,000 USD per academic year


Apply Now