School of Medicine
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr offers medical
education at an international level.
Our School of Medicine offers:
- An excellent medical education using
the latest pedagogic methodologies in this field of
- All courses focus on medical education in specialized
English to meet international standards.
- Research-based and evidence-based medicine oriented
- Clinically oriented teaching and training from the
first phase of education.
The MBBS programme of the School of Medicine is a 6-year programme that
consists of two phases, each comprises of six semesters.
- Phase 1 (3 years):
Pre-Clinical Sciences (Human Structure, Function and Development;
Foundations of Sciences in Disease, including pathology, pharmacology,
microbiology). Most subjects are being taught in blocks of body systems.
Early clinical exposure.
- Phase 2 (3 years): Clinical
Sciences (Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology;
medical subspecialties; minor surgical specialties; behavioral medicine).
- General High School Average 90% and above.
- Minimum High School Score of 80% in Biology,
Chemistry, and Physics.
- Advanced English Language Capabilities. PTE score of 54; IELTS 6.0; ibt-TOEFL 82 prior to
- Interview with a panel of academic staff
AY 2019-20 applications, please email [email protected] or
visit UKH's Registry Office.
$8000 USD per academic year.