School of Medicine
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr offers medical
education at an international level.
Our School of Medicine offers:
- An excellent medical education using
the latest pedagogic methodologies in this field of
- All courses focus on medical education in specialized
English to meet international standards.
- Research-based and evidence-based medicine oriented
- Clinically oriented teaching and training from the
first phase of education.
The MBBS programme of the School of Medicine is a 6-year programme that
consists of two phases, each comprises of six semesters.
- Phase 1 (3 years):
Pre-Clinical Sciences (Human Structure, Function and Development;
Foundations of Sciences in Disease, including pathology, pharmacology,
microbiology). Most subjects are being taught in blocks of body systems.
Early clinical exposure.
- Phase 2 (3 years): Clinical
Sciences (Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology;
medical subspecialties; minor surgical specialties; behavioral medicine).
- General High School Average 90% and above.
Note: Equalized transcript
is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Minimum High School Score of 80% in Biology,
Chemistry, and Physics.
- Advanced English Language Capabilities. PTE score of 54; Versant score 55; IELTS 6.0; ibt-TOEFL 82 prior to
- School Entrance Test
- Interview with a panel of academic staff
Note: Conditional Offer may be given to applicants
who submit an equivalent score of 54 PTE and above by taking the Versant
English Placemnet Test from Pearson.
55 Versant score is eauivalent to 54 PTE
AY 2020-21 applications, please email [email protected] or
visit UKH's Registry Office.
$8,000 per academic year