Online General Reference Sources
Click on one or more of the pages listed below to access both qualitative and un-reviewed articles and books which have been made available through the ‘Creative Commons’ license.
- Dictionary- MacMillan English which has as its source a database containing millions of examples of English as used around the world http://www.macmillandictionary.com
- Dictionary - The Oxford English Dictionary providing standard usage of English -http://www.oed.com
- Dictionary - 'YourDictionary' is a free online English dictionary which gives you definitions, thesaurus entries, spelling, pronunciation, and etymology results for your word http://www.yourdictionary.com
- Dictionary - the 'Merriam Webster' online dictionary provides standard American usage of English http://www.m-w.com/
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) - this has more than 5560 full text academic journals in different subjects http://www.doaj.org/
- Guide to Grammar and Writing - this contains scores of digital handouts on grammar and English usage, over 170 computer-graded quizzes, and much more useful information http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/