German A1 Beginner
This course is an elementary course for students with no prior German language knowledge. The module is designed to teach basic expressions and simple sentences used for every day purposes. Students will learn how to introduce themselves, how to communicate in a simple manner and be able to understand responses in the German language that are spoken slowly and clearly.
This course aims to:
- Teach basic language skills for everyday purposes at A1 level.
- Teach basic grammatical structures.
- Engage in a variety of activities that cover the skills of reading, speaking, listening and writing.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Recognise and utilise the unit vocabulary.
- Apply basic grammar rules and utilise them appropriately.
- engage into simple conversations of every day life.
Who should Attend?
This course is suited for
- Students and professionals interested in learning German as a foreign language.
- Students of the Goethe Institute in Erbil who need tutorials to pass the German A1 language test.
The following training strategies will be adopted for this course:
- Power point and white board delivery.
- Group work and dialogues.
- Interactive class activities.
- Greetings, personal introduction, alphabet and numbers (weeks 1-4).
- Talking about how you are, personal details, nationalities and languages (5-8).
- Talking about towns, cities, jobs and studies (weeks 9-12).
Starts November 28, 2022 Ends February, 23, 2023
Hours per Day: 1.5
Number of Days per Week: 2
Number of Weeks: 12; Total of 36 hours
Afternoon from 4:30 p.m till 6:00. p.m
German and English.
University of Kurdistan Hewlêr.
UKH Professional and Executive Education Centre.
Jana Kosemund is a native German citizen and a certified English and German instructor at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr. Jana has three years of language teaching experience at all language levels, A1 to C2. She is a highly dedicated student-focused teacher aimed at developing and promoting relevant language skills for professional purposes that enhance the competence and performance of students.