- [email protected]
- 30m Avenue, Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Seyed Mohammaddara Ghasimi, PhD
Dara S.M. Ghasimi joined the Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) in September 2018. Ghasimi received his PhD degree (2016) in Environmental Engineering on “biomethanation of fine sieved fraction sequestered from raw municipal sewage” from the prestigious Technical University of Delft (TU Delft), Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geoscience (QS World University Rank (2020) by Subject # 2), the Netherlands. He holds Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Environmental Engineering (anaerobic treatment of fresh leachate from municipal solid waste transfer stations) and Chemical Engineering in the field of designing oil industry processes from the University Putra Malaysia and the Iran University of Science and Technology, respectively.
Dara’s PhD research work resulted in the publication of several papers in peer-reviewed journals and more than 15 national and international conference papers. Dara also pursued his postdoctoral research associateship at the TU Delft and the University of Western Ontario, Canada, before he started working as a Research and Development Technologist at Nijhuis Industries in the Netherlands. As of September 2018 until present, Dara has successfully achieved a cumulative impact factor (CIF) of 25.985 under UKH affiliation.
Currently, Dr. Ghasimi serves as the Director of UKH’s Center for Environmental Studies (CES). CES is a non-profit organization that reports to the Chancellor’s Office.
- - PhD, Environmental Engineering (wastewater treatment and waste to energy) Technical University of Delft
- - MSc, Environmental Engineering (wastewater treatment) University Putra Malaysia
- - BSc, Chemical Engineering (designing of oil industries process) Iran University of Science and Technology
|Soltani, M., Rahmani, O., Ghasimi, D.S.M., Ghaderpour, Y., Pour, B., Misnan, S.H., Ngah, I., 2020. Impact of household demographic characteristics on energy conservation and carbon dioxide emission: Case from Mahabad city, Iran. Energy 116916. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2020.116916. (IF: 7.147).|
|Tao, Y., Ersahin, M.E., Ghasimi, D.S.M., Ozgun, H., Wang, H., Zhang, X., Guo, M., Yang, Y., Stuckey, D.C., van Lier, J.B., 2019. Biogas productivity of anaerobic digestion process is governed by a core bacterial microbiota. Chemical Engineering Journal. 122425. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2019.122425. (IF:13.273). (These authors contributed equally to this work).|
|Fang, W., Zhang, X., Zhang, P., Wan, J., Guo, H., Ghasimi, D.S.M., Morera, X.C., Zhang, T., 2019. Overview of key operation factors and strategies for improving fermentative volatile fatty acid production and product regulation from sewage sludge. Journal of Environmental Sciences. doi.org/10.1016/j.jes.2019.05.027. (IF:5.565).|
|Ghasimi, D.S.M., Aboudi, K., de Kreuk, M., Abbas, B., Zandvoort, M.H., van Lier, J.B., 2016. Impact of lignocellulosic-waste intermediates on hydrolysis and methanogenesis under thermophilic and mesophilic conditions. Chemical Engineering Journal 295, 181–191. doi:10.1016/j.cej.2016.03.045. (IF:13.273).|
|Ghasimi, D.S.M., de Kreuk, M., Maeng, S.K., Zandvoort, M.H., van Lier, J.B., 2016. High-rate thermophilic bio-methanation of the fine sieved fraction from Dutch municipal raw sewage: Cost-effective potentials for on-site energy recovery. Journal of Applied Energy 165, 569–582. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.12.065. (IF:8.848).|
|Ghasimi, D.S.M., Tao, Y., de Kreuk, M., Abbas, B., Zandvoort, M.H., van Lier, J.B., 2015. Digester performance and microbial community changes in thermophilic and mesophilic sequencing batch reactors fed with the fine sieved fraction of municipal sewage. Journal of Water Research. 87, 483-493. doi:10.1016/j.watres.2015.04.027. (IF:11.236).|
- - Senior Research and Development Technologist at the Nijhuis Industries in the Netherlands
- - Postdoctoral research associate at the University of Western Ontario, Canada
- - Postdoctoral researcher at the Technical University of Delft (TU Delft) in the Netherlands
- - PhD candidate at the TU Delft, the Netherlands
- - Researcher at Sanitation and Environmental Engineering Department, UNESCO-IHE, the Netherlands
- - Researcher at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- - Environmental Expert at the Department of Environment (DOE), Iran