Goran Mustafa Muhamad
Dr. Goran Muhamad, born in Sulaimanya. He has well academic qualifications in economics, including BSc, Higher Diploma and MSc. His Master degree is from Nottingham University, one of the most prestigious universities in the UK.
He recently earned PhD in economics at University of Kurdistan, Hawler in July 2020. His focus was on economic diversification in natural resource rich countries to reduce the degree of dependency on resource revenue extractions. He was also attended Jonkoping University (Sweden) whilst he was a PhD student.
Dr. Goran is a well experienced economist with a demonstrated history of working in the government administration industry as well as private sectors, who is confident in his ability. He is also participated in the evaluation and analyzing of some critical projects on IDPs and Refugees in Kurdistan region for donors and international agencies.
His last career, in the government industry, was at the Presidency of the Council of Ministers/KRG as a senior manager. He involved in leading and managing some critical projects and delivering the best qualities and analysis from using quantitative skills to simplify complex topics to draw conclusions (in policy and governance). He has been well reviewed for what he had provided by the KRG leaders including his excellency the ex-prime minister Mr. Nichervan Barzani during his mandate.
Dr. Goran have designed and led high-quality taught courses, supervision/advising and examination and teaching management, including EMBA, MSc and undergraduate programs.
So far, Dr. Goran has produced four articles for publications. Two have been recently published at Economic Research Forum (ERF) titled “Aid in the Development of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq” and “Dependency on Natural Resources and Diversification of Economies in MENA” respectively.
Another article published in 2021 at high ranked economic journal of Resource Policy titled “How to Reduce the Degree of Dependency on Natural Resources?”. the forth article was at Global Economic review titled The Dynamics of Private Sector Development in Natural Resource Dependent Countries. One more article is under review at Global Social Policy.
- - PhD Economics University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH)
- - Higher Diploma Economics
- - MSc Economics Development
- - BSc Economics
|Presenting a discussion paper on “The Dynamics of Private Sector Development in Natural Resource Dependent Countries” at Jonkoping University International Business School/Sweden on February 22nd 2019.|
|Delivering a presentation at the conference of the Charmo University on Kurd-Exit Referendum: Challenges and Opportunities, July 29th 2017, Charmo University Conference Hall, entitled “Will the economic difficulties lead to a future Kurdistan state as a failed sate?”|
|Presenting a paper at the American-Kurdish Economic Institute (AKEI) conference entitled “How Internal Political Instability Has Affected Investment in Kurdistan Region? What can We Do? December 19th 2016, Saad Abdulla Hall for Congress and Conference, Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq.|
|Delivering a presentation on the Economic Impact of the Kurdish Genocide at Kurdish Genocide Conference, Berlin: Germany April 23rd, 2008.|
- - April 2021 - August 2021 Research consultant for Mercy Corps for a research project on :Labor Market Assessment and Value-Chain Analysis in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates" for Refuges and displaced People.
- - July 2017 – August 2019 Economic Adviser for the World Achieve Source Company for Economic and managerial training and coaching.
- - December 2014 – Feb 2017 Senior Manager at Council of Ministers/ Department of Coordination and Follow up - Collaborate closely to improve service delivery through changing the way government had worked. - Involved in issuing some public policy papers, proposing projects and research for the government. - Supervised and directed the Quality Assurance Directorates of the whole ministries and governmental bodies to ensure the government objectives have been met at all levels in a timely manner. - Team leader to classify government services that provided by the KRG. - Team leader to classify public services that need to be privatized.
- - May 2017 - December 2017 I engaged in a number of projects for Refuges and IDPs on international level, such as Community Assessment Process in Erbil and Sulimanya governorates, Human Rights Evaluation across Kurdistan Region, Rapid Market Assessment in Erbil and Kirkuk governorates, and Gender-Sensitive Market Assessment across Kurdistan Region for some research companies and local NGOs.
- - October 2013 – October 2014 Working as an Economic Adviser for the first Kurdish economic channel (National Economic Channel- Net TV) since the very establishment of it. My responsibility was: - Provide guides and consultancy for preparing the production of the channel. - Supervising the whole economic and business news programs as well as producing economic and business documentaries in terms of quality.
- - November 2012-July 2013 Head of Economic News Desk at Rudaw Media Network - Directed the establishment of Economic news department for (TV., Radio, Newspaper and Website). - Supervised the production of economic, business reports and documentaries.
- - July 2009- December 2010 Quality Assurance Director of the Ministry of Martyrs and Anfal Affairs – Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq.
- - April 2007- September 2009 Minister Office Manager/ Ministry of Martyrs and Anfal Affairs – KRG. - Responsible to run the minister’s office. - Supervising Media and Information directorate. - Supervising some critical projects in the field of humanity.