Kurdistan Business School
Economics and Finance
Department of Economics and Finance
- World-class teaching and research in the capital of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Internationally known faculty members.
- Diversified subjects teaching of economics and finance.
- Excellent student-staff ratio.
- Wide portfolio of modules on economics and finance.
- Faculties are specialists in emerging and technology based-developing economies, energy economics and environmental policy, and major areas of financial decision making, and wide spectrum of theory and policy debates.
- Theories and policy debates are professionally applied to real world issues and contemporary economic thinking and analysis of policy issues in the interface between energy and environmental economics.
- BSc in Economics and Finance.
- MSc in Economics.
- PhD in Economics.
- An independent and critical ability to gather, organize and analyze relevant primary and secondary evidence or data, so as to present coherent and clearly reasoned arguments, which address specific economic problems.
- An ability to evaluate and engage effectively in key debates, economic policy and development as well as the evaluation of outcomes in the field.
Personal Transferable Skills
- An ability to communicate effectively and fluently in speech and writing, use communication and information technology for the retrieval and presentation of information, work independently, demonstrating initiative, self-organization and time management and collaborate with others to achieve common development goals.
The Head of Economics and Finance Department says:
The economics and finance studies investigate the causes and the consequences of scarcity of goods and services, that lead consumers (individuals, organizations, and governments) to make choices among competing objectives. Looking at these choices and how they impact the productivity needs of individuals with strong background in economics and finance.
Economists will investigate these choices and how they affect market prices, national output, inflation, unemployment, economics growth and allocations of resources.
The department of economics and finance through its offered programs (BSc in economics and finance, MSc and PhD in Economics) exposes students to different areas of macroeconomics,
microeconomics, consumer behavior, industrial economics, energy and environmental economics, corporate and international finance, money and banking, financial market and institution, and the economics of government and public policy, and econometrics.