Nabaz T. Khayyat is an Engineering Economist, an Assistant Professor of Economics, Chair of the Department of Economics and Finance (University of Kurdistan
Hewler-Kurdistan Business School), and Certified Dissertation Advisor, and a member of External Faculty at the University
of Liverpool, School of Business, UK.
Dr. Nabaz Khayyat is a member of Executive Editorial Board of the UK journal of Social Sciences UKHJSS and UKH journal of Science and Engineering UKHJSE.
Dr. Nabaz has received two PhDs, first in
economics, from Swiss Management University, Zurich, Switzerland, and a second
PhD with an MSc in IT Engineering from Seoul National University, College of
Engineering, South Korea. In his first PhD thesis, he developed a new model to
determine the energy demand in the industrial sector for South Korea using a
relatively new methodology in the production risk literature. His second PhD
Thesis identified the causal relationship between ICT investment and energy use
and its impact on productivity in the industrial sector. Where he developed a
new productivity model by adding ICT capital as a quasi-fixed factor of
production using again a relatively new methodology called a dynamic factor
Nabaz is an engineering economist. He has more than 15 years of governmental, humanitarian and
industrial experience, holding the position of Minister's advisor at the Ministry of Water Resources and the Ministry of Agriculture, working in UN at the mine action program, and in different sectors and humanitarian
programs. He has several years of university teaching experience
within the computer science, economics, energy policy, and business and management domains at
undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He is working also at the
University of Liverpool in UK holding the position of Certified Dissertation Advisor in the business school.
Nabaz is currently acting as a journal referee for many
international journals: The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance. Journal
of Chinese Economic and Business Studies. African Journal of Business
Management. Springer. Applied Financial Economics. Technological Forecasting
and Social Change, Regulation& Governance. Journal of
Business Cycle Research.
2018- Present: Chair- Department of Economics and Finance, Kurdistan Business School.
Assistant Professor: University of Kurdistan Hawler (UKH). Department of
Computer Science and Engineering and Department of Business Management
Present: Certified Dissertation Advisor: University of Liverpool – Business and
Information Management Advisor. Ministry of Water
Resources and Ministry of Agriculture- Kurdistan Regional Government.
GIS/Information Management Manager (Mine Advisory Group MAG, Erbil).
Information Management Oficer (Regional Mine Action Authority, Erbil).
Information Officer (UN-OPS Mine Action Program, Erbil).
o “Adoption of Mobile Telephony and its User Satisfaction in
Kurdistan Region of Iraq”, Technology Management, Economics and Policy Program,
Seoul National University. February 2011. Advisors: Prof. Almas Heshmati, Prof.
5. Determinant of Mobile Phone Customer Satisfaction in Kurdistan
Region (with Almas Heshmati). Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics, and
Information Technology, 2012, Vol 2(3). https://ideas.repec.org/a/spp/jkmeit/1291.html
1. How ICT Investment and Energy Use Influence the Productivity of
Korean Industries (with Jongsu Lee and Almas Heshmati). Institute for the Study
of Labor (IZA). 2014.
2. Production Risk, Energy Use Efficiency and Productivity of
Korean Industries (with Almas Heshmati). Working Paper Series in Economics and
Institutions of Innovation, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of
Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies. 2014. Sweden.
3. How ICT Investment Influences Energy Demand in South Korea and
Japan (with Jongsu Lee and Jeong Dong Lee). MPRA Paper 55454. 2014.University
Library of Munich, Germany.
Programming and coding with R, Gauss, Limdep, SAS, and STATA
International Conference of Science Parks ASPA 2012, Vietnam, Ho chi Minh. Research paper “The Role of Innovation Clusters in Economic Development”.
World Kurdish Congress, Kurdistan Region, North of Iraq, 2012. Research paper “Statistical Analysis of landmine fatalities in Kurdistan”.
World Kurdish Congress, The Hague, Netherlands, 2011.
International Conference for Innovation Clusters ICIC, Daedok Innopolis Science Park, Daejon, South Korea, 2008. Research paper “Effects of ICT on cost, quality, and efficiency for provision of Public Services”.
International Workshop on Innovation Policy Framework for Developing Countries, Seoul, South Korea, 2009. Research paper “Strategies for Science and Technology Development as part of Innovation Policy in Developing Countries).
Forum: «Global Collaboration in the Post-Information Era» – CERT, KAIST and NIA Iberostar Solaria Hotel. Tunisia (2010). Research paper “Adoption of Mobile Technology and its User Satisfaction in Kurdistan Region of Iraq- Empirical Analysis”.
International Conference for Innovation Diffusion CID, Seoul National University, 2010. Research paper “Mobile Cell Phone User Satisfaction”.
The 3rd Global ICT Seoul Conference 2010, The Ritz Carlton Hotel, South Korea 2010. Research paper “Adoption of Mobile Technology in Developing Countries”.
Workshop: Challenging Issues in Diffusion Modeling, 2010, Intercontinental Hotel, Japan, Tokyo 2010. Research paper “Demand Forecasting and Discrete Choice Modeling for Innovation Diffusion”.
1. Private sector development and diversification of incomes to reduce dependency on natural resources (on-going)
1. Increasing Economic Production and Growth of Industries in
Nigeria: A Review of Energy Management and Technological Innovation
2. How do decision makers assess quality/productivity in IT
3. Investigate the benefits of using an additional module in an ERP
4. Analysis of the internet and broadband access penetration in
Kurdistan rural areas: A conjoint Analysis.
5. The effects of IT on HRM Performance in the higher
6. The Impact of Online Procurement Training on UN Field Missions.
7. Impact of Municipal Finance on Japan’s Long Term Care Insurance.
8. Risk Factors Affecting Cost Estimate Accuracy and its Impact on
Project Cost Overruns In Construction Projects in Massachusetts.
9. Assessing Technological Capabilities in KRG Entities.
10. Adoption of Social Media platforms in SMEs.
11. Transferring Lean Practice into Banking Service Sector.
12. Assessing Quality of Education- Quality of Service Indexing Approach.
13. Sustainable Project Management, A Study into The
Challenges of Waste Reduction in the Aerospace Industry.
14. Investigating the influence of whole life costing on sustainability improvements in the construction industry
15. Impact of Lean Implementation in PDO Operations
Undergraduate Final Year
1. Social network analysis (SNA) applications in evaluating
students participations in different class activities
2. Investigating the Mobile Phone customer satisfaction in
3. Analysis of User Preferences of Broadband Access in Kurdistan
4. Online Voting System
5. Demand Forecasting for Technological Products.
6. Modeling Household Energy Demand in Kurdistan
· Khayyat, N. T., “ICT
Investment for Energy Use in the Industrial Sectors”, Springer, 2017,
· Khayyat, N. T., “Technology
Management and Policy of Kurdistan Region of Iraq”. In A. Anaid & E. E.
Tugdar (Eds.), Iraqi Kurdistan’s Statehood Aspirations: A Political Economy
Approach (pp. 87-98). 2019, Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
· Khayyat, N. T., “Legal
Actions Against Landmine Users”. Chapter 4th in “Perspectives on Kurdistan
Economy and Society in Transition-Vol II”. Heshmati A. Dilani A., and Baban S.
(Eds). 2013. Cambridge Scholar Publishing.
· Khayyat, N. T. “Establishment
of Hawler Science and Technology Park”. Chapter 20th in “Perspectives on
Kurdistan Economy and Society in Transition”. Heshmati A. Dilani A., and Baban
S. (Eds). 2012. Nova Science Publishers.
· Khayyat, N. T., “Effects
of Information Technology on Cost, Quality and Efficiency in Provision of
Public Services”. Chapter 6th in “Information and Communication Technologies
Policies and Practices”. Heshmati A. and Peng S. (Eds). 2010. Nova Science
· Khayyat, N. T., “An
Introduction to the Ministry of Water Resources”. Chapter 10th in “Integrated
Water Resources Management in Kurdistan Region”. Heshmati A. (Ed.). 2009. Nova
· Khayyat, N. T., “Characteristics
of the main consumers of water resources: Development of recreational, tourism
and other services”. Chapter 6th in “Integrated Water Resources Management in
Kurdistan Region”. Heshmati A. (Ed.). 2009. Nova Science Publishers.
1. Demand Forecasting
2. Consumer Behavior
3. Conjoint Analysis
5. Production Risk
5. Factor Demand
6. Lean Thinking
7. Non-Parametric Approach (Frontier analysis and Index Measure)
8. Social Media Marketing
9. Project Risk Management.
1. Data Mining,
2. Management Information System
3. Modeling and Simulation
4. Probability and Statistics
5. Financial Markets and Institutions.
Master(MA and MSc):
1. Energy Economics
2. Innovation Diffusion
3. Demand Forecasting
4. State and Economic Development
5.Information Technology Management
6. Management Information System
7. Research Methods,
8. Methodologies for Market Analysis.
1. Advanced Econometrics
2. Research Methods
3.History of Economic Thought
National University- College of Engineering , MSc Full Scholarship
National University- College of Engineering , PhD Full Scholarship